Grape Health Benefits
Feed Your Heart With Grapes
The grape is one of the oldest fruits and grape health benefits are well worth getting to know. The humble grape remains a popular food, medicine and drink the world over.
A recent study showed that rats fed a diet mixed with a blend of powdered green, red, and black table grapes had lower blood pressure, better heart function, reduced inflammation throughout their bodies, and far less signs of heart muscle damage than the rats fed the otherwise same salty diet but without grapes.
What's more, the rats that received hydrazine with a salty diet also had lower blood pressure but, significantly, their hearts were not protected from damage like those in the grape-supplemented group.
Other Grape Health Benefits.
- All parts of the grape vine are valuable. The leaves and vine tips can be made into a tea and taken to reduce inflammation, to help control bleeding, to improve circulation, to remove and reduce toxins, to clear urinary infections and reduce hypertension.
- Fresh, organic grape juice made with a leaf and vine tip is an excellent tonic to support liver function, relieve menopause symptoms, high cholesterol, and inflammation. This can be done by juicing a bunch of organic grapes with a juice extractor.
- One of the most amazing grape health benefits is Resveratrol. This is a flavoinoid found in grape skins that has recently undergone intensive medical research. Reservatrol appears to have definate anti-cancer properties and is now widely marketed as a dietary supplement. Resveratrol is a strong antioxidant that reduces the build up of plaque in the arteries.
- Lab tests suggest that the anti-cancer properties include cardioprotective (heart) properties, hepatoprotective (blood / liver) properties and capillary protective properties. Grape seeds also have, through in vitro tests, been observed to help fight lung, breast and stomach cancers.
- The flavinoids within the grape leaves, tendrils, skins and seeds are powerful antioxidants and have been known to reverse atherosclerosis.
- Eating grapes and drinking fresh grape juice also inceases the antioxidant capacity of the blood and helps protect against vascular damage as well as reducing platelet clumping.
- Grapeseed oil is a polyunsaturated oil suitable for cooking as well as being used for massage and in cosmetics.
- Grape seed extract is rich in flavinoids known as procyanolic oligomersand are well known for stimulating circulation and treating venous disorders.
Grapes are high in sugar so diabetics should take care when eating them.
Find The Detox Info You're Looking For
If you can't find the information you're looking for, please use our Google Site Search Box below. You can search this website or the whole web.
Health Articles Collection
Learn about the benefits of Grapeseed Massage Oil
Learn about the health benefits of other super foods
Top Of Grape Health Benefits