3 Day Detox Diet Plan
A Quick Detox Diet Plan For An Internal Spring Clean
This is a fairly restrictive 3 Day Detox Diet and focuses heavily on water, fresh fruit and vegetables. It is best done when you are on a break like a holiday or over a weekend and don’t have to rush around too much or get too stressed.
A small portion of steamed fish or chicken breast is allowed if you feel you cannot cope with the hunger. Raw almonds are also very good for curbing the hunger.
Detox Diet Day One
- This is when you begin to clear your system and hopefully you will have a bit of mental stamina, good intention or enthusiasm to combat the tea-time munchies.
- When you wake up have a cup of warm water (previously boiled) with the juice of half a squeezed lemon.
- If you want to use a alkalizing powder then follow the instructions on the bottle and have this now.
- For Breakfast have a small bowl of wholegrain cereal porridge such as oats and a fruit - blueberries are great (see super fruits for other fruit ideas). You can sprinkle crushed linseeds on your porridge. Remember no sugar or dairy milk. You can use the fruit to sweeten the cereal. Raw oats and fruit smoothies are also quite delicious if you don’t fancy a cooked porridge
- Some vitamin supplements recommend that its best to take them after breakfast so be sure to read the label and take them when directed.
- Mid-morning snack - a detox diet raw juice or piece of fruit with 6 raw almonds
- For lunch have a fresh salad and a lightly steamed, small piece of fish. Have some extra vegetables if you are feeling very hungry.
- For supper you can have steamed vegetables or a vegetable soup.
- A cup of chamomile tea before bed can help to relax you and promote a restful sleep. Remember no milk in the tea and sweeten with honey if you must.
Detox Diet Plan - Day Two
- The cleanse gets a bit more restrictive today and you need to stay focused on what you are trying to achieve so you don't cheat. Cut out fruit juices and only drink filtered water or herbal tea.
- Follow the same as Day 1 but only have fruit and water for breakfast - no cereal.
- For lunch have a fresh salad and if you feel you would like a salad dressing then try the oil-free apple cider vinegar dressing.
- Remember to snack on fresh fruit if you are really hungry and a few organic, raw almonds also help keep the grumbling stomach at bay.
- Try a variety of steamed vegetables for supper or even better eat them raw to get all the benefits of the enzymes. A small portion of steamed fish or chicken breast is allowed if you feel extremely weak or can’t cope with the hunger.
Detox Diet - Day Three
It’s normal to be extremely hungry so try to get through this last day of your body cleanse without too much strenuous activity. Keep up with drinking lots of water and snack on small portions of fruit or chopped vegetables when you are hungry.
- For breakfast have fruit and water or a herbal tea.
- Continue with lots of water during the day and fresh fruits to snack on.
- For lunch have a fresh salad
- At mid-afternoon have some fruit.
- For supper have some vegetables either raw or lightly steamed.
- Finish off with a glass of water and juice of half a lemon or a herbal tea.
A word of advice when finishing your 3 Day Detox Diet
The home detox diet program is only 3 days long but a suggestion for the day after Day 3 is that you continue to eat mostly fruits and vegetables and drinking fresh juices or herbal tea and slowly introduce your normal food back into your daily diet. That way you’ll maximise your benefits of the body cleanse you’ve just done and hopefully manage to lose a few bad eating habits.
Other Detox Tips
- Eat well but try not to overeat. Small servings 5 or six times a day are better for your digestion.
- Drink plenty of filtered water and end the day with water and juice of half a lemon. Juices must be freshly prepared and not stored.
- When you have finished the 3 day detox diet, try to avoid or at least limit your intake of “forbidden” foods and drinks.
- If you feel faint or dizzy then try adding a little honey to your juices.
- Please note that when this diet refers to 'cereals', it does not mean breakfast cereals like 'Cherios'. Cereal grains are buckwheat, brown rice, barley, quinoa, rye, sorghum or oats etc.