Detox With Natural Acne Remedies To Attain Clear Skin
There are so many acne treatments available simply because there are so many
types of acne
It is important to play detective and identify the most likely cause of your acne, before attempting treatment, to ensure you are solving the right problem.
While there are many factors that contribute to acne, by adopting a lifestyle that promotes general good health the body is given the best chance of functioning correctly and this includes the skin.
Detox Your Lifestyle - Acne Treatment
By excluding irritants and toxins from your diet and your environment you will support the skin’s natural functioning more effectively. By avoiding the following items you can at least know that you are not making your acne condition worse.
- Avoid heavy hair dressings such as pomades and the de-frizzing agents that are used to treat very curly hair. These products smother the skin, blocking the pores and encouraging the formation of blackheads which go on to develop into acne.
- Stay cool! In excessive heat and humidity the body will sweat. The sweat secreted can block pores and the action of constantly mopping excess sweat away from the skin introduces bacteria onto the surface. The combined effect of blocked pores and bacteria leads to acne.
- Avoid applying any mineral oils to the skin – this includes most baby oils, surprisingly. The molecules in mineral oil are too large to permeate the skin; they simply sit on the surface blocking the pores.
- Exercise caution with sunblocks. Some sun lotions have been shown to cause and worsen acne.
- Tight clothing or clothing that rubs can cause acne so wear loose fitting, comfortable garments.
- Be conscious of the cosmetics you are using. Look for any reactions that might suggest your skin is not happy.
- Although acne sufferers should not discontinue medication without the advice of their doctor, they do need to be aware that some drugs - Corticosteroids and anti-epilepsy drugs – may increase acne problems.
- Avoid stressful situations. Anger and stress cause hormone levels to soar, which in turn causes oil production to increase and we already know that overproduction of oil causes acne. A good natural stress remedy is Composure®
Detox Site Search
Detox Your Skin - Acne Remedy
The skin is the largest organ of the human body and it is responsible for excreting the toxins that the liver cannot metabolize safely. It is an organ of absorption too – hence many medications are now delivered by “patch”.
A natural health view of acne is that it is caused by the build up of toxins within and under the skin and that if these toxins are eliminated the acne will heal. The skin has certainly been proven to be one of the fastest self-repairing organs in the body.
What steps can be taken to detox the skin?
By offering the liver additional support to enable it to function more effectively, less toxins will be deposited in the skin for excretion. Supplements to support liver function are Glutathione,
Acne Treatment Resources
Information about acne treatment, acne treatment cover-up
and acne scar removal.
Acne Solution - offers some more resources on getting rid of acne.
Acne No More Review - One of our favourite Ebooks that offers advice on detox for acne.
Detox For Life Homepage