Effective Home Remedies For Yeast Infections
Get Rid Of a Yeast Infection Symptoms
It's wise to investigate home remedies for yeast infections to treat your Candida symptoms. My experience of a yeast infection symptoms recurring were greatly complicated by the use of antibiotics and other lifestyle issues.
As the Candida becomes immune to over-the-counter creams and tablets, I searched for a natural remedy for yeast infections. These range from anti-bacterial food, immune support and physical activities that will ease the annoying symptoms.
I found an excellent ebook with multiple natural candida treatments to help soothe yeast infection symptoms. You can read my detailed Yeast Infection No More Review or go straight to Yeast Infection No More Sales Page
It's important to note that these home remedies for yeast infections will not work on their own to get rid of your yeast infection permanently. They will help to relieve the symptoms and definately make life more bareable while you make the necessary lifestyle changes to stop your recurring yeast infection. Yeast Infections No More helped me to understand what the root cause is of my infection was and then start my Candida cleanse.
12 Popular Home Remedies For Yeast Infections
- Make a douche from raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar twice daily will help stop the growth of infection. Apple cider vinegar will help restore the natural PH balance of the infected area. If you have severe itching, one garlic clove can also be added to the mix.
- Garlic has anti-fungal properties which combats yeast overgrowth.
- Dip a cotton tampon into a solution made from 15 grams of Potassium Sorbate in one pint of water and insert into the vagina at night and remove in the morning. This is a very good home remedy for yeast infection.
- Stay away from deodorised or scented sanitary pads and tampons, bubble baths and even coloured toilet papers. These could cause further irritation to the already inflammed vaginal tissues.
- Try taking Goldenseal capsules as a supplement - get them from a health store.
- Probaby the simplest of the natural remedies for yeast infections : wear cotton panties instead of nylon ones and if you can, go pantiless for a while each day. This will also help to reduce the infection by drying out the area (yeast thrives in moist areas).
- Soak a tampon in curd or plain yogurt and place it in the infected region for an hour. Repeat it 2-3 times a day. One of the messier home remedies for yeast infections. It is important that you use only unsweetened, plain, live culture yoghurt.
- In a glass of water prepare a mixture of olive leaf extract and grapefruit seed extract . It is a good curative tonic for a candida infection because of the antifungal properties.
- Another simple yeast infection remedy: Spend 20 minutes a warm bath that has 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar added. A few drops of tea tree oil in the water will also help.
- Calendula (from marigold flowers) is both anti-fungal and soothing. Calendula pessaries for thrush are available at some health food stores. Calendula cream or gel may be helpful if applied directly on the irritated area outside of your vagina. Do not put a cream or gel into your vagina unless it says on the package that it is safe to use internally.
- Tea tree oil is a powerful antifungal. Lubricate a tampon with KY Jelly and then add a few drops of pure Tea Tree Oil and insert at night. Repeat this for 3-4 days. This is a very good natural remedy for yeast infections. Full strength tea tree oil should never be applied to the vaginal area.
- This relatively new product, Lactic acid wash, can be used as an external yeast infection treatment. Lactic acid helps maintain the natural pH balance in the vaginal area. This prevents yeast overgrowth and thrush from developing. It can be used as a daily wash instead of soap, or as a treatment when you feel thrush may be developing.
- Take a Lactobacillus acidophilus supplement (a probiotic) - sometimes referred to as "friendly" bacteria. Probiotics keep Candida growth in check and so prevent yeast infections. This is why probiotic supplements have been explored as a natural remedy for yeast infection - you can buy them at any good health store.
- You can also try herbal or homeopathic remedies such as Candidate.
The idea is to pick your favourite candida treatments from the Home Remedies for Yeast Infections list and begin treating yourself as soon as you suspect a yeast infection may be starting.
As always, please consult your health practioner before embarking on any home treatment - especially if you are on prescription medication or pregnant. If you found these tips helpful and would like further information for your Candida cure solution then visit Candida Cleanse or for a review of an excellent Candida Cleanse Book Yeast Infection No More Review
Natural Remedy For Yeast Infection