Stevia Recipes - Sugar Free Recipes
100% Natural Sugar Substitutes
Here are a couple of great Stevia Recipes to try. They are sugar free recipes because Stevia is a natural sweetener or sugar substitute that has no effect on blood sugar levels.
Homemade Stevia Ginger Syrup
The Stevia ginger syrup can be made and stored for quite some time to always have handy when you’d like to whip up a glass of Stevia ginger ale.
Makes approximately 4 cups
- 4 cups water
- 4-or 5-inch pieces fresh ginger
- ½ cup white Stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- Peel and finely chop the ginger.
- 2 Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the ginger and Stevia, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a heatproof container, and stir in the vanilla and lemon
- Covered and refrigerated, this syrup will keep for several days.
Homemade Stevia Ginger Ale Recipe
- Pour the syrup into a 10-ounce glass and add the ice cubes.
- Slowly add the sparkling water.
Stir and serve.
Stevia Recipes: Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a great recipe for sugar free cookies. It's especially helpful if you are trying to cut down on sugar in your diet but want a bit of a treat. Of course the chocolate chips wil have sugar in them but ar least you avoid the extra sugar for baking the cookies.
Makes about 48 Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flower (Wheat Free)
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 free range egg
- ½ teaspoon white Stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup plain butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder, and set aside.
- Place the egg, Stevia and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, and beat well with a wooden spoon or an electric hand-held mixer. Slowly add the butter, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth and cream.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, ½ cup at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Fold into the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart, Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
Note: Instead of greasing a cookie sheet, you can cover with parchment paper, which makes for quick and easy cleanup.
Stevia Recipes: Hot Stevia Breakfast Porridge
Note: this recipe calls for white Stevia Powder or liquid concentrate derived from the power.
Makes 2 large or 4 smaller bowls
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ tsp. Sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 drops Stevia liquid concentrate
- 1 Tbs. Butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla flavoring
- 1tsp flax seed oil (a healthy, but optional ingredient)
- Boil water in a saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add quinoa flakes, sea salt, cinnamon, Stevia liquid concentrate, and butter/coconut oil
- Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add vanilla flavoring and (optional) flax seed oil.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and enjoy.
Info on Stevia Extract