Grape Seed Oil Benefits
What Are The Health Benefits of Grape Seed Oil?
Find out if grape seed oil benefits make it worth changing your cooking oil.
Imagine an oil that can lower cholesterol, help shrink varicose veins, improve skin colour and prevent arthritis. These are only a few grape seed oil benefits. Oh, and you can cook with it too!
Grape seed oil is made from pomace, the waste left in the grape press during the winemaking process after the pressing cycle. Grapeseed oil is rich in anti-oxidants called proanthocyanidins. Proanthocyanidins are far more powerful than both Vitamins C and E which fight free radicals (think premature-aging). But again, these are just some of the health benefits - there are many, many more!
Medicinal Benefits of Grapeseed Oil
- Grape seed oil helps lower total cholesterol. It does this by increasing the concentration of beneficial high-density lipoproteins which carry excess cholesterol away from body cells and back to the liver where it is excreted.
- Grape seed oil benefits the arteries by keeping them free of plaque that can cause heart attacks and stroke.
- Grape seed oil is able to slow down and reverse free radical damage and reduce the risk of disease. (good for slowing skin aging.)
- Studies also show that certain substances in grape seed oil can help protect the body from sun damage.
- Grapeseed oil can improves the function of small blood vessels in the eyes thereby improving and maintaining good vision.
- It improves flexibility in joints and can help prevent arthritis because it maintains healthy collagen - the fibrous part of connective joint tissue. It can also reduce the arthritic inflammation that causes pain.
- It improves blood circulation and reduces allergic and asthmatic symptoms by inhibiting the formation of histamines.
- One of the most interesting benefits or effects of grapeseed oil is that it reduces the inflamation from non-cancerous breast cysts.
- Grape seed oil can also help prevent or reduce the likelihood of damage to the liver due to chemotherapy.
- The oil has also proved beneficial in preventing cancer and helping reduce the spread of cancerous cells.
It seems that Grape seed oil in your diet could play a major role in maintaining many areas of health. However, it can also benefit us by allowing us to enhance our natural beauty!
Cosmetic Grape Seed Oil Benefits
- Grape seed oil benefits the skin by helping shrink varicose veins, improve skin colour and skin texture.
- Grape seed oil is used in cosmetic products to reduce aging as it contain anti-aging properties.
- Grapeseed massage oil helps in the repair of damaged tissues. It possesses regenerative and restructuring qualities which allow for better control of skin moisturisation (good for stretch marks). The oil effectively moistens the skin and is also responsible for retaining the normal structure of nerve cells and epithelial cells in the skin.
- Grape seed oil is also helpful for clearing acne because of its antibacterial properties. It is recommended as a cleansing oil to be used in the "Oil Cleansing Method" for acne skin.
- It offers protection against sun damage because of its high amount of Linoleic Acid.
As if all this isn't enough, grape seed oil is also great for cooking because of its high smoking temperature. It has a very low saturated fat content of with a neutral flavour that makes it a good choice for any kind of food.
All in all, grape seed oil does not only benefit you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but it also effectively assists us in looking the best we can - naturally!
Ideas For Getting The Benefits of Grape Seed Oil Into Your Diet:
Drizzle Grapeseed oil on your salad or use it in your salad dressing mix. Use it on your baked potatoe instead of butter. Grapeseed oil supplements are also available in softgel capsules.
Find The Detox Info You're Looking For
If you can't find the information you're looking for, please use our Google Site Search Box below. You can search this website or the whole web.
Benefits Grapeseed Massage Oil
More Super Foods To Add To Your Diet
Top Of Grape Seed Oil Benefits