Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
Natural Remedy and Health Tonic
As a natural remedy, Apple Cider Vinegar benefits (ACV) to health and well-being are amazing and they are not only internal.
Using Cider Vinegar externally as a compress or skin ointment, and as a gargle or mouthwash for oral hygiene is also beneficial. A large number of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients are available in Cider Vinegar to improve and reinforce health.
It is thought that the curative properties of apple cider vinegar are because it can balance one’s pH level which is essential to a healthy functioning body.
Below is a simplified list of the reported internal and external Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits as a health tonic and general cure.
Internal Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits and Cures
- It is rich in enzymes and minerals, especially potassium.
- It is a natural antibiotic and germ fighter. The acidic nature of Apple cider Vinegar ensures that bacteria such as candida and E. coli cannot exist or multiply.
- Some people report that Apple Cider vinegar assists in losing weight and normalizing weight. It is suggested that ACV reduces the body’s insulin response to a carbohydrate meal and increases the feeling of fullness. It may help dieters to eat less and reduce food cravings by normalizing blood sugar levels. It is also thought to break down body fat but it is not clear how this happens.
- Improves digestion and nutrient assimilation and relieves nausea.
- Helps to relieve arthritis and joint stiffness by balancing the acid-alkaline (pH level) in our body. Our bodies continually fight the build-up of acid crystals in the body. The strongest solvent of acid crystals is a simple drink made up of ACV, raw honey and water. This powerful daily mixture puts the acid crystals in solution so they can be flushed out of the body by the kidneys and other organs of elimination. The malic acid content of the ACV also dissolves calcium deposits in joints.
- It helps relieve sore throats, toothache and gingivitis when used as a mouth rinse.
- Cider vinegar helps to detox and cleanse the systems of the body. It has amazing detoxifying properties and this helps to keep the immune system strong.
- It helps to reduce cholesterol and normalizes blood pressure. The natural acids in ACV help keep the blood healthier and thinner. It's been reported that soaring blood pressure can be dramatically reduced by taking a tonic of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can clear watery eyes and nasal discharge and bring relief from pollen, food and pet allergies. If you live in a highly polluted area where allergies and sinus infections are rampant, your system may better balance itself with a small dose of ACV each day. ACV has also been recommended as a sinus infection home remedy, as well as great supplement to treat acne, high cholesterol, chronic fatigue , Candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis and gout.
- Detailed List Of Apple Cider Vinegar Cures
External Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits and Cures
Apple Cider Vinegar helps maintain healthy skin. It can be taken internally as a tonic for skin detox or applied externally. There are many reports that it has helped clear certain types of acne.
It soothes the pain of sunburn when applied as a compress or diluted with water in aspray bottle and used as an after-sun soother.
As a hair rinse, it helps prevent dandruff, itching scalp and slows balding. The Apple Cider Vinegar benefits can be further enhanced by adding a few drops of tea-tree essential oil to the rinse after shampooing.
An elastic bandage soaked in ACV is said to assist in healing sprained ankles and sore joints.
The acid content of ACV helps reduce the chance of bacterial or fungal growth. Clear up nail fungus by soaking the affected area in a mixture of 1 tablespoon ACV and a basin of warm water for 10 minutes.
What is "The Mother" in Apple Cider Vinegar
The "mother" in apple cider vinegar refers to a colony of beneficial bacteria and enzymes that form during the fermentation process of making the vinegar. The mother is a cloudy, cobweb-like substance that settles to the bottom of the bottle and is made up of acetic acid bacteria, which turn the alcohol in the apple cider into acetic acid, the main active component of vinegar. Some brands may contain the mother and some may not, but it is considered to be a sign of a raw, unfiltered, and unpasteurized vinegar.
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
Many commercial ACVs have been pasteurized, filtered, refined or distilled for better looking liquid and packaging, and thereby be more appealing to the general public.
Unfortunately, this extra processing destroys much of the healthy Apple Cider Vinegar benefits. The best choice of ACV to use is an organic, naturally brewed unfiltered and unpasteurized ACV made with whole crushed apples, to which no chemicals or preservatives have been added and still contain the "mother of vinegar". This "mother," as it is affectionately known, is a natural gelatinous substance formed during the final fermentation step.
This type of natural, wholesome ACV, found readily in most health food stores should be a rich amber color with the "mother" quite visible as sediment.
More Apple Cider Vinegar Information
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
Apple Cider Vinegar Mainpage
Detox For Life Homepage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.