11 Ways to Boost Immune System Health
Simple Steps For Immune System Support
A healthy immune system is a byproduct of a healthy lifestyle. To boost immune system health, there are some effective steps you can take such as improving nutrition, taking herbal therapies and a few others. Those who would prefer to naturally boost their immunity, are turning to vitamins, herbal supplements, ammino acids and essential oils.
Here are 11 simple (though some are not easy) steps you can implement to strengthen your immune system and improve your health.
Immune System Health Boosters
- Manage your stress levels
You'll be doing your immune system health a huge favor if you
learn to manage your stress levels. If your immune system is unbalanced
or weakened, you are far more likely to fall ill when you experience
stress than if you have a strong immune system. Try stress reducing
therapies like yoga, pamper yourself with a massage, take a long walk in
natural surroundings, make time to do something that you love, start a
new hobby. Herbal calming tablets can also be helpful.
- Improve Nutrition
A lack of sufficient nutrients will compromise your natural immunity and stop it from functioning at its peak.
Your main aim with better nutrition is variety and quality. Eat a wide range of fruit and vegetables, preferably organic. Eat as much as you can raw
and drink herb teas.
Cooking causes nutrients to be lost and destruction of enzymes in
foods. Eat more Vitamin C rich foods. Increase your intake of foods that
have natural antibiotic properties such as Garlic and cinnamon. Get to know the superfoods like broccoli, seeds, berries, mushrooms( shiitake and maitake). Many herbs and spices such as thyme, turmeric, oregano, ginger, Cayenne Pepper, rosemary and coriander have healing and antioxidant properties.
- Get Exercising Outdoors Exercise supports the immune system by decreasing the
production of stress hormone. Exercising outdoors increases your
exposure to natural light and this increases the production of T-cells
as well as stimulating the production of Vitamin D.
- Get Exercising:- Outdoors Exercise supports the immune system by decreasing the production of stress hormone. Exercising outdoors increases your exposure to natural light and this increases the production of T-cells as well as stimulating the production of Vitamin D.
- Get More Sleep:-
Sleep deprivation makes you less able to cope with stress and
this puts strain on the immune system. Getting enough sleep will also
help keep your weight down, get you thinking clearly and reasoning
effectively, improve your mood and patience levels and contribute to
smooth, healthy skin.
- Drink More Water
Dehydration is a prime factor in placing your body under
stress because your body cannot cleanse itself. Drink the best quality
water you can afford. Water filters are expensive but you'll reap the
benefits in your improved health.
- Watch Your Weight Obesity is linked to reduced immunity. Extra tissue for the
immune system to "patrol" puts a strain immune activity. Obesity is
linked to poor nutrition which in turn is linked to a weak immune
system. Kick start your weight-loss with a 3 Day Detox Diet.
- Improve Your Mind A positive outlook and attitude will contribute hugely to your health. Negativity leads to depression and a compromised immune system.
- Brush your teeth and Floss regularly:- Good dental health is essential for a strong immune system. Small ulcers that develop in the gum tissue can allow bacteria into your bloodstream so keep your gums healthy. A natural toothpaste that is plant based with fewer chemicals will also go a long way to minimising toxins in your daily life.
- Eliminate Sugar Cutting down your sugar intake will dramatically improve your energy levels, your immunity and your ability to think clearly. There's less chance you'll suffer from a candida infection and you'll probably lose some weight. If you have sweet cravings then try natural sweeteners like Stevia or Xylitol - avoid artificial sweeteners, they have been shown to be very toxic.
- Take a probiotic supplement :- Bacteria that stimulate immunity cells in the gastrointestinal tract. "Normal, healthy bacteria that colonize the GI tract help you resist bad bacteria and detoxify harmful substances. A high quality probiotic can significantly improve the quality of your health and you immune system.
- Find the right remedies Some immune boosting supplements include olive leaf extract, echinacea, grapeseed extract, pine bark extract, various Chinese herbal remedies, Aloe Vera, garlic and others. Whole-food supplements like Barley Juice Powder and Chlorella are also very helpful to boost the body.
- Boost Your Vitamin D Levels A poor immune system could also be one of the Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency. Surprisingly, vitamin d has been found to be an immune system booster so much that some studies have shown that people who get enough vitamin d get fewer colds and flu. A good quality vitamin D supplement is essential if you want to boost your immunity.
Boosting your immune system is the best route of protection against viruses and sickness. Your body recovers more quickly and your general well-being will be more vibrant.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.